[lxc-devel] Putting man pages on website?

Rob Landley rlandley at parallels.com
Fri Feb 18 05:33:06 UTC 2011

On 02/17/2011 07:50 PM, Trent W. Buck wrote:
> If you want bash, bloody well use a bash shebang.

I did.  (Always do.)

I mentioned it was a quick-and-dirty shell script.  I wasn't proposing
it for inclusion, just noting that this is what I needed to do to get it
to work.  I agree tweaking the makefile to produce this is the proper
route to go.

>> I'm a little reluctant to add a URL to the makefile because the rest of
>> the build doesn't currently require network access, but I don't see a
>> better alternative...
>
> You don't need to make it part of the default "make; make install"
> sequence.  Just put it there, and IF people want HTML, they can run
> "make html" as well.  (Also, if you meet the dependencies locally, you
> don't need network access -- I think.)

I'm not familiar enough with the guts of xsltproc to say anything about
it.  (I normally use docbook2html but couldn't get it to work here at
all.)  Happy to take your word for it...

Rob