[lxc-devel] Share the loopback with network namespaces

Marian Marinov mm at yuhu.biz
Fri Apr 1 01:59:42 UTC 2011

Hello,
I want to implement network namespaces in my software. The problem I'm seeing
is that each namespace has its own loopback interface.
Is there any way I can brindge, forward or tunnel the traffic of one loopback
interface (from some namespace) to the real loopback interface on the host
machine?

Any iptables patches available? Or some trics that are not documented ?
I want all users to have their own network namespaces with their own IPs, but
I want them all to share the host loopback interface for connections to mysql,
pgsql, smtp, imap and so on.

--
Best regards,
Marian Marinov