[lxc-devel] Fedora 13 & lxc-debian / lxc-fedora templates

v1t03k v1t03k at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 2 09:43:49 UTC 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm testing here right now some lxc template scripts.
I have here some troubles with setting up a debian instance on Fedora 13
(2.6.34.6-47.fc13.x86_64).

First, I can't setup a lenny system on my Fedora 13 host. I get these
errors:

I: Configuring apt...
I: Configuring openssh-server...
I: Configuring perl...
I: Configuring libui-dialog-perl...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
I: Configuring openssh-server...
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
W: Failure while configuring base packages.
Failed to download the rootfs, aborting.
Failed to download 'debian base'
failed to install debian
failed to execute template 'debian'

But Debian squeeze is working well. I did two changes to the lxc-debian
script:
-> Change line 93 to "dhcpd" insteed of dhcp-client for lenny
-> and line 113 from lenny to squeeze release.

Is it a problem of the old glibc on lenny. I can't figure out what the
problem is....

Second, setting up a fedora 10 VM isn't working too. I get similar errors:
/bin/bash: /var/cache/lxc/fedora/partial-x86_64/lib64/libc.so.6: version
`GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /bin/bash)
/bin/bash: /var/cache/lxc/fedora/partial-x86_64/lib64/libc.so.6: version
`GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by /bin/bash)
/usr/bin/febootstrap: line 93: 26634 Segmentation fault      (core dumped)
febootstrap-run "$target" -- rm -rf /var/cache/yum/febootstrap-updates
Failed to download the rootfs, aborting.
Failed to download 'fedora base'
failed to install fedora
failed to execute template 'fedora'

I think we should move to the newest releases by the new lxc tools version.

There are few things in lxc-fedora script that are not needed for setup a
fedora 13 system:
-> Line 27 changed to: Fedora-13 release

-> Line 39 changed to: cat <<EOF >
$rootfs/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
EOF

-> Deleted the whole section on line 56

-> Deleted all lines from 85 to 109

-> keepd only these one
chroot $rootfs /bin/bash -c 'cd /etc/init; for f in $(ls plymouth*.conf); do
mv $f $f.orig; done'

Can anybody confirm what we really need for setting up a fedora 13
instance???

Greetings

Vic