[lxc-devel] [patch 3/3][RFC] implement lxc-cmd and lxc-enter using lxc_cinit daemon

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Sun Jan 24 21:39:33 UTC 2010

Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> After locking at the init-logger patches, it seems that it requires a
> major rework because the lxc_start code changed quite much. Unfortunately,
> I am not too familiar with the current code.
>
> Daniel, would you mind to rework the old patches to get at least the basic
> functionality we had when I submitted the patches?

Dietmar,

I was wondering if we shouldn't separate the "init-logger" features.

For logging the container output, we can create a tty in lxc-start.c,
map the slave endpoint to /dev/console and proxy the master to the real tty.
That allows to:
 * solve the problem of the init process which stole the terminal tty,
letting us in a terminal without the controling tty
 * we can redirect the master to file, a socket, a fifo, etc ...
 * we reuse most of the lxc-console code

In this case, the "init-logger" becomes a
"<process-allowing-to-enter-the container>" and we keep separated the
feature.

What do you think ?

  -- Daniel