[lxc-devel] lsc-ls listing containers twice...

Cedric Le Goater legoater at free.fr
Mon Jan 18 10:18:49 UTC 2010

On 01/16/2010 10:12 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I noticed that lxc-ls in git is listing active containers twice.  Why is
> that?  I can look at the script and see, sure, it's listing what's in
> $lxpath and then listing the active ones, based on the output of
> netstat, over in the cgroups mount point.  So, I see the technical
> reason why it's doing that.  What I'm really looking for is what is the
> reasoning behind this change (the 0.6.3 version in the Fedora repos does
> not do this).  Seems strange for an "ls" type behavior.

we could just kill the lxc-ps and extend the lxc-info command. I think it would
be usefull to have a command acting like a 'ps' command, but on containers.

	$ lxc-info -v
	USER       %CPU %MEM   STAT START   TIME CONTAINER
	root       12.0 10.0      S Jan15   0:01 bar
	me          1.0 20.0      R Jan15   0:00 foo1
	me          1.0 20.0      R Jan15   0:00 foo2

and eventually build a lxc-top, on top of it.

Cheers,

C.