[lxc-devel] startup scripts for lxc containers?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Jan 16 18:41:00 UTC 2010

> > I guess I can easily include such hacks in the init-logger patch.
>
> Before including our own hacks we probably should really at least ask
> the
> init maintainers if they are willing to modify init. This won't not
> only
> help us, but also openvz and similar projects.

1.) The init-logger patch solves other problems. The main purpose is
to execute binaries inside the container, so we need it anyways.

2.) There are many older distries which would never include such
modification in there official repositories (etch, lenny?).

3.) At least the 'upstart' maintainers are quite ignorant about containers
(They do not fix anything concerning containers). And history shows that
it is really/really hard to get something into 'init' - for example the
bootlog option still not work on most distros?

- Dietmar