[lxc-devel] startup scripts for lxc containers?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sat Jan 16 16:27:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-01-16 at 16:43 +0100, Michael Holzt wrote:
> On Sa, 16 Jan 2010, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > > So...  That being said, let me posit this.  What if lxc_start were to
> > > be the daemon itself, both inside and outside of the container.
> > > Basically, add another fork inside of lxc_clone() to do this dirty
> > > work.  It creates two copies of itself
> > This create serious problem for c/r (live migration) - you can't do that.

> Care to explain?

I can see it.  It might be solvable but you have a long term persistent
communications pipe that's both inside and outside of a container and a
process inside the container that's running a binary from outside the
container.  Just on-system c/r might not be too back, but that could be
a real pain with live migration between systems.  Might still be doable
but could be real ugly if the binaries didn't agree.

> Regards,
> Michael

Mike