[lxc-devel] startup scripts for lxc containers?

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sat Jan 16 16:23:50 UTC 2010

> On Sa, 16 Jan 2010, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> > > So...  That being said, let me posit this.  What if lxc_start were to
> > > be the daemon itself, both inside and outside of the container.
> > > Basically, add another fork inside of lxc_clone() to do this dirty
> > > work.  It creates two copies of itself
> > This create serious problem for c/r (live migration) - you can't do
> that.
>
> Care to explain?

The problem is that you then use resources (pid, fd) outside the
container. So you need to c/r those resources too. Maybe that is
possible, by it is by sure easier if you avoid it.

But all you need to do is to copy a binary into the container root
and then start that binary inside the container (like is is done
with the init logger).

- Dietmar