[lxc-devel] utsname might not be enough, add optional containername?

Michael Holzt lxc at my.fqdn.org
Thu Jan 7 22:05:29 UTC 2010

As far as i know utsname is the hostname without domainname. But then we
can't have two containers test.domain1.org and test.domain2.org because
the utsname would be "test" in both cases.

I suggest adding a containername variable, which defaults to utsname but
can be set different and use this containername for everything we now
use utsname for (except the actual utsname of the container) e.g. the
cgroup name.

Regards,
Michael

--
It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks