[lxc-devel] Problem with lxc and physical network interface

Markus Schuster ml at markus.schuster.name
Mon Jun 8 11:03:43 UTC 2009

Hello!

>> OK, this clarifies the trouble I'm experiencing...
>> Maybe some more checking in lxc about kernel versions/features would
>> provide a
>> more user-friendly experience?
>>

> Hmm, I think what is missing is a good documentation about the
> containers in general.
> The lxc.sourceforge.net documentation is a little obsolete now :(
> Definitively I have to update the website according the latest changes
> in the kernel - time is not friend right now :/

100% ACK :)
Currently it is a bit try-and-error, but the lxc.conf man page is a good
starting point in my eyes.

>> (You know, WLAN is a bit tricky 'cause the access point won't
>> allow/forward
>> packets from MAC addresses not registered to the AP).
> Interesting. So I suppose it is not possible to share a wireless network
> interface via the macvlan across several network namespaces, no ?

I don't think so, but I haven't tried yet.
When using the mavclan configuration, it is at least not possible to use
the WLAN interface in the base system anymore - that's no problem in my
environment, but I think this goes in the same direction...

Regards,
Markus