[cgmanager-devel] cgmanager fails if controller is not enabled

Marcin Szewczyk cgmanager at wodny.org
Sun Oct 12 22:38:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 08:37:26PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> So now I wonder whether
> "do_move_pid_main: don't break out of while loop on error; return error after"
> should be reverted, or whether it still makes sense.

In Debian bug report 757348 it is described as an "additional fixup". I
think it gives additional flexibility and implements "do as much as we
can" way. As I see it, currently neither logind, nor cgmanager work in a
transactional way where e.g. we would fail to login unless all
Create/MovePid succeed. So I think both changes could be beneficial.

I had to go to a dinner so I will recompile cgmanager with both changes
tomorrow and check if it works in my environment -- just to be sure.

--
Marcin Szewczyk                       http://wodny.org
mailto:Marcin.Szewczyk at wodny.borg  <- remove b / usuĊ„ b
xmpp:wodny at ubuntu.pl                  xmpp:wodny at jabster.pl