[lxc-users] Missing lxd-agent on centos/8/cloud

Sebert, Holger.ext Holger.Sebert.ext at karlstorz.com
Mon Oct 12 15:27:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

I created a virtual machine from the image `centos/8/cloud` using the following command:

    $ lxc launch images:centos/8/cloud centos --vm --profile default --profile vm

My `vm`-profile looks like this:

    config:
      user.user-data: |
        #cloud-config
        ssh_pwauth: yes

        users:
          - name: root
            plain_text_passwd: "root"
            lock_passwd: false
    devices:
      config:
        source: cloud-init:config
        type: disk
    name: vm
    used_by:
    - /1.0/instances/centos

Installation runs fine, but when I try to execute LXD commands, I get an error message:

    $ lxc exec centos -- /bin/bash
    Error: Failed to connect to lxd-agent

It seems like the `lxd-agent` package is missing.

I logged in via `lxc console centos` and searched for a `yum`-package, but did not find
any:

    [root at centos ~]# yum search lxd-agent
    Last metadata expiration check: 0:07:46 ago on Mon 12 Oct 2020 03:16:47 PM UTC.
    No matches found.

How do I install the `lxd-agent` and make `lxc` commands from outside the VM work?

Best,
Holger