[lxc-users] Storage pool grew larger than the host disc

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Mar 30 02:54:08 UTC 2020

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 2:40 AM Yakov <exebook at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to shrink the default.img some how. Please help!

Short version: you can't.

> Our production system is down, sigh.

I'm pretty sure (at least last time I tried it) there's a warning NOT
to use loopback zfs for production environment.

Your best bet is to move the img file somewhere else (e.g. using
scp/rsync from rescue system), create a new pool (another img might
also work), then send-receive used datasets only (e.g. without old
snapshots). Then put it back in.

Or add another disk, move the image there (probably the easiest way).

--
Fajar