[lxc-users] Unprivileged networking option?

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Thu Mar 5 17:46:06 UTC 2020

Am 05.03.20 um 03:20 schrieb Serge E. Hallyn:
> and you currently
> need a privileged lxc-user-nic to setup network.

Thanks, as that basically sums up my question, as this lxc-user nic only
seems to work with a standard bridge. Unless I am misinformed, which was
actually my hope. Or maybe there is something in the make to make this
lxc-user nic play along with macvlan or ipvlan.

 > By intercepting network connection related syscalls,
 > you can avoid the need for privileged lxc-user-nic.

This sounds more like hackish thing or is this interception part of lxc
that can be utilized? Any mere mortal compatible documentation on this?

And a correction to my former post: it's ipvlan layer 3, not level 3 of
course.