[lxc-users] capabilities requirement change with new filesystem?

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Mon Jun 8 19:46:07 UTC 2020

That was it!

# getfattr -d -m '.*' /usr/bin/newuidmap
getfattr: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
# file: usr/bin/newuidmap
security.capability=0sAQAAAoAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

I have not fully comprehended, what -m '.*' does, but the security
capability was missing on the new drive, while being existent on the old
one.

Reinstalled shadow and that brought back the capabilites, as rsync with
-X would not have wanted to recopy the files, and the container boot
again without the need to adding capabilities in the unit file

Thanky very much!

Time to figure out, what other files I might have missed.