[lxc-users] Intermittent network issue with containers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jul 1 06:40:29 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 1:05 PM Joshua Schaeffer
<jschaeffer at harmonywave.com> wrote:
> And the really odd part is that if I try to actually ping *from* the container *to* my local box it works AND afterwards my original ping *from* my local box *to* the container starts to work.

I had a similar problem on a vmware system some time ago. Gave up
trying to fix it (I don't manage the vmware system), implement a
workaround instead.

Its either:
- duplicate IP somewhere on your network
- your router or switch somehow can't manage arp cache for the container hosts

My workaround is to install iputils-arping (on ubuntu), and (for your
case) do something like this (preferably on a systemd service)

arping -I veth-mgmt -i 10 -b 10.2.28.1

Or you could replace it with ping, whatever works for you.

--
Fajar