[lxc-users] Howto save snapshots only to another drive? Bug?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 14 08:27:18 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 2:28 PM Jäkel, Guido <G.Jaekel at dnb.de> wrote:

> Dear Oliver,
>
> I just want to mention, that with this workaround it isn't a real snapshot anymore but may be called a "slow bullet" instead: It will take some real time to copy the whole image and in contrast to a snapshot, it will be not completely consistent if the Container is running at this time.

Even if that were true, that's not due to the workaround. The "not
completely consistent" part is due to storage driver "dir", and you'll
get it even without the workaround.

I say "if that were true" because I'm not sure whether "lxc snapshot"
calls "lxc pause" first. If it did, then the backup would be
storage-level consistent.

--
Fajar