[lxc-users] Howto save snapshots only to another drive? Bug?

Oliver Rath oliver at greenunit.de
Sun Jan 12 22:01:50 UTC 2020

Hi list,

Im using lxd 3.18 on ubuntu 18.04. Now i realized, that my (fast) space
of lxc-vms exhausted, so i decided to put mv my snaps to another drive
with changing the directory "containers-snapshots" into a softlink
redirecting the snapshots to another drive.

Unfortunatly on creating a new snapshots got the message

cannot create directory
"/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/storage-pools/default/containers-snapshots",
file exists.

I assume, that the lxc doesnt recognize, that containers-snapshots is a
(correct) link to the corresponding files. What can I do?

TfH!

Oliver