[lxc-users] Device node in LXC is not accessible when connected via SSH

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Mon Feb 3 11:35:51 UTC 2020

On Mon, Feb 03, 2020 at 10:02:27AM +0000, Tim Jaacks wrote:
> OK, this shows me "/lxc/mylxc/init.scope", which sounds reasonable. So do you have any idea, which using "sudo lxc-attach" results in the wrong cgroup "/user.slice"?

You can check for an 'lxc.cgroup.keep' entry in your container
configuration.

The lxc-attach manpages has a note from Feb 2016 about how "previous versions"
"suffered a bug whereby a user could attach to a containers namespace without
being placed in a writeable cgroup for some critical subsystems."  If you're
on an older version, it could be that.

Otherwise, I'd say it's a bug.

-serge