[lxc-users] Cgroup saga continues - lxc-autostart woes.

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Mon Dec 14 14:57:42 UTC 2020

On 08/12/2020 22:21, Ben Green wrote:

> It's that pesky systemd isn't it? I've made a script to get things
> back to how we want which looks like this for the guest ${1}:

To add some info to this, I've confirmed that running 'systemctl
daemon-reload' causes systemd to move all pids into it's own cgroup slice.

I've decided the simple approach, though very annoying to have to do, is
to simply overwrite systemd's cgroup pid movement on a regular basis.
Until systemd has either the flexibility to not intefere or consistency
to handle properly, cgroups in manner suitable for LXC unpriveged
containers, this seems a pragmatic approach. I'm really deeply bored
with this unfathomable coercive and broken init system. If anyone has
any ways to stop systemd interfering with my plans, please let me know.

Thanks for everyone's help on this issue.

--
Cheers,
Ben Green