[lxc-users] How to redo lxd init

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Thu Apr 23 02:45:39 UTC 2020

There is this script which attempts to wipe everything clean
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/blob/master/scripts/empty-lxd.sh

If that works properly, then you could run "lxd init" again.

An alternative is to remove the snap, reboot and clear the beginning
of any disk/partition that LXD was using directly (if any).
Then install the snap again and run "lxd init".

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 6:15 AM Kees Bakker <keesb at ghs.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm installing a new server with Ubuntu 20.04. Not everything
> was going as planned, so I want to redo lxd init.
>
> What is the best method to completely whipe LXD's state, so that
> I can redo it from scratch?
>
> (( I was a bit surprised that LXD can now only run from snap, but
> I guess that's progress. ))
> --
> Kees

Stéphane