[lxc-users] suspicious output for "lxc profile device add --help"

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Thu Oct 24 14:22:57 UTC 2019

That's caused by us using the same functions to handle both config and
profiles, avoiding code duplication.
The downside was that the Examples text was also shared.

I've sent a PR which duplicates the text with the right name:
https://github.com/lxc/lxd/pull/6349

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 8:30 AM Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel at aixigo.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> this looks weird:
>

> # lxc profile device add --help
>    Add devices to containers or profiles
>
> Usage:
>    lxc profile device add [<remote>:]<container|profile> <device> <type>
> [key=value...] [flags]
>
> Examples:
>    lxc config device add [<remote>:]container1 <device-name> disk
> source=/share/c1 path=opt
>        Will mount the host's /share/c1 onto /opt in the container.
> :
> :
>

> Note the "lxc config" instead of "lxc profile". Probably copy&paste
> and then forgotten.
>
> lxd is version 3.18
>

> Regards
> Harri