[lxc-users] Disappearing cgroups

Ben Green ben at bristolwireless.net
Tue Oct 8 14:21:00 UTC 2019

Quoting "Serge E. Hallyn" <serge at hallyn.com>:

>> Container: ex386-jessie
>> Launch User: lxcadmin
>> CGROUPS: freezer perf_event cpuset memory net_cls,net_prio systemd
>> CGDIR:
>> /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/user.slice/user-202.slice/session-3.scope/lxc.payload/ex386-jessie/
>> RAM: 2048
>> SWAP: 8796093022207
>
> So at this point, which part of the path
>
> /sys/fs/cgroup/memory/user.slice/user-202.slice/session-3.scope/lxc.payload/ex386-jessie/
>
> still exists?  Is session-3.scope gone?  Is user-202.slice still there?

So that directory still exists, the full
/sys/fs/cgroup/memory/user.slice/user-202.slice/session-3.scope/lxc.payload/ex386-jessie/

Unfortunately I restarted the containers, so I'll have to wait for the
cgroups to randomly disappear again before doing any further
investigation as to what has disappeared. In past cases, cgroups have
still been present, but only the new selection, not the one I defined
in PAM.

Cheers,
Ben