[lxc-users] not allowed to change kernel parameters inside container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed May 29 05:23:00 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 10:44 AM Saint Michael <venefax at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Achilles' heel is the type of CPU. I had to recompile my app once I
> moved it to an older CPU. Nothing is portable 100%.
> I guess nothing allows you to get rid of the developer at the end of the
> day.

If you compile it yourself, you should be able to pick the oldest cpu to
support and use appropriate optimization options for that cpu:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/10650010

If for whatever reason you can't modify the compile flag, I believe
virt-manager/kvm has the option to choose what cpu to present to the host
(it can pretend to be an older cpu). So you could probably set kvm to
present the oldest cpu you want to support, and compile it there.

--
Fajar