[lxc-users] not allowed to change kernel parameters inside container

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Mon May 27 06:57:29 UTC 2019

Dear Michael,

	> For me, the single point of using LXC is to be able to redeploy a complex
	> app from host to host in a few minutes. I use one-host->one-Container. So
	> what is the issue of giving all power to the containers?

I don't understand yet, why you want to use Containers, LXC or Dockers at all: You need to have full access to the host and it hardware at low level and don't want to use any isolation or virtualization aspects at all. If you just want to redeploy a complex setup within minutes, you may just need to use a prepared backup of your hosts, or an layered setup with an read-only image and an writeable layer for the changes.

Guido