[lxc-users] LXC 1.0 is now End of Life

Stéphane Graber stgraber at stgraber.org
Fri Jun 28 16:16:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:17 AM Dmitry Melekhov <dm at belkam.com> wrote:

> 26.06.2019 20:19, Stéphane Graber пишет:
>
> Hello,
>
> After over 5 years of support, it's finally time for LXC 1.0 to retire.
>

> Well, really 1 is not supported for long time, when I asked to solve problem- I got the same answer-
>
> upgrade to 2 or 3 :-)

As mentioned in the post I linked to below, we do heavy backporting of
fixes on the current LTS (typically all fixes), previous LTS releases
only get security fixes and major bugfixes (think data loss or
features breaking over time) as we're having a hard enough time
backporting those hundred of commits to just one LTS branch :)

> LXC 1.0 was released on the 20th of February 2014 and received numerous
> bugfix and security updates ever since.
>
> Remaining users are urged to upgrade to 2.0 LTS or 3.0 LTS.
>
> More details at: https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/lxc-1-0-end-of-life-announcement/5111

Stéphane