[lxc-users] future of lxc/lxd? snap?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Feb 26 08:27:58 UTC 2019

On 2/25/19 11:20 AM, Stéphane Graber wrote:
 > snapd + LXD work fine on CentOS 7, it's even in our CI environment, so
 > presumably the same steps should work on RHEL 7.

Apparently it doesn't work that fine:

	[root at centos7 ~]# yum install snapd
	Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
	 * base: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
	 * extras: ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de
	 * updates: mirror.infonline.de
	No package snapd available.
	Error: Nothing to do

Of course I found some howtos on the net (e.g.
https://computingforgeeks.com/install-snapd-snap-applications-centos-7/),
but thats not the point. The point is to integrate LXD without 3rd-party
tools that are difficult to find and install on their own.

Surely I don't blame you for the not-invented-here approach of others, but
LXD appears to be difficult to build or integrate, even on native Debian.

Regards
Harri