[lxc-users] future of lxc/lxd? snap?

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Sat Feb 23 14:46:07 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I see that lxd in ubuntu cosmic and disco is a transitional package for
snap - I see that lxd can be used for snap packages, but they're not the
same thing, right?

And Debian buster (even sid) still doesn't have lxd at all.

Is lxd not the future of lxc after all? At least in debian-based
distros? Or is it expected (by ubuntu) that we only use lxc for snap
packages?

I'm currently using lxc on debian, but wondering what happens next ...

This all seems odd since the linuxcontainers site says the project is
sponsored by Canonical ...

Cheers,
Richard