[lxc-users] Converting network from LXC to LXD

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Dec 20 14:10:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 7:08 PM John Lane <lxc at jelmail.com> wrote:
> I'm struggling to find documentation explaining how to configure the
> "phys" network type I use to assign a physical interface to a container
> and the "veth" network type that I use to join a container to an
> existing bridge.

> I've looked at
>
> https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/docs/master/networks (mentions neither
> phys nor veth)

You're looking in the wrong section

> I'd appreciate some pointers towards the appropriate documentation or an
> explanation of how to do this with lxd.

https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/docs/master/containers#type-nic

So something like this for veth on a bridge (on "lxc config edit
CONTAINER_NAME", in case you haven't figure it out):

devices:
  eth0:
    name: eth0
    host_name: c1-0
    nictype: bridged
    parent: lxdbr0
    type: nic

"parent" should be whatever the bridge is called on your host (lxd
creates lxdbr0 by default).
"host_name" is what the host side of the veth will be called (very
useful if you're doing host-side traffic monitoring).

--
Fajar