[lxc-users] Converting network from LXC to LXD

John Lane lxc at jelmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:07:52 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have some lxc containers that I want to migrate to lxd. I'm using
lxc/lxd v3 (3.1.8).

I'm struggling to find documentation explaining how to configure the
"phys" network type I use to assign a physical interface to a container
and the "veth" network type that I use to join a container to an
existing bridge.

I already have a few "classic lxc" containers that have multiple
interfaces connected to host's physical or bridge interfaces that get
configured by those networks' main dhcp servers. I am investigating
migrating these containers to lxd.

I'm not looking to change the network configuration inside or outside
the container; I just want what I have working with lxc to work with lxd.

I've looked at

https://linuxcontainers.org/lxd/docs/master/networks (mentions neither
phys nor veth)

https://stgraber.org/2016/10/27/network-management-with-lxd-2-3/

I'd appreciate some pointers towards the appropriate documentation or an
explanation of how to do this with lxd.

Much appreciated,

John