[lxc-users] nova-lxd

Alex Kavanagh alex.kavanagh at canonical.com
Thu Apr 25 10:22:11 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:19 PM Alejandro Ruiz Bermejo <
arbermejo0417 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is possible to deploy nova-lxd in an already deployed Openstack
> environment or in an OSA environment?

It is, but it may be complicated:

* nova only supports one hypervisor type per host (i.e. libvirt vs lxd), so
you'd need to either decommission a libvirt host or add a new nova-lxd
(lxd) host
* You'd need to manually configure the LXD daemon and storage.

I think I may also have replied to you on the reddit post you made?

Thanks
Alex.

Alex Kavanagh - Software Engineer
OpenStack Engineering - Data Centre Development - Canonical Ltd