[lxc-users] Nova-lxd plugin installation

Martin Bobák martin.bobak at savba.sk
Sun Sep 16 19:46:51 UTC 2018

Hi all,

what is the recommended way of nova-lxd plugin installation on a fresh
xenial host running a pure OpenStack devstack (Queens) installation? I
have tried to install the nova-lxd plugin by pip install, or allowing it
during OpenStack devstack  installation, but each attempt lead to the
same result. The plugin is either not recognized or the installation
doesn't finish successfully. I went through the nova-lxd homepage as
well as its github repo, but I wasn't able to solve the whole
installation problem (e.g. I found out that the installation of the
newest version of pylxd helps with installation of the plugin, however,
the plugin isn't still recognized. So additional configuration is
needed...).

Do you have any thoughts about it?

Best,
Martin.