[lxc-users] Error: failed to begin transaction: database is locked

Kees Bakker keesb at ghs.com
Wed Sep 12 14:33:23 UTC 2018

Hey,

This with a LXD/LXC on a Ubuntu 18.04 server. Storage is done
with LVM. It was installed as a cluster with just one node.
It was also added as remote for three other LXD servers (all Ubuntu 16.04
and LXD 2.0.x). These old servers have BTRFS storage.

Suddenly I cannot do any lxc command anymore. They all give

    Error: failed to begin transaction: database is locked

In /var/log/lxd/lxd.log it prints the following message every 10 seconds

    lvl=warn msg="Failed to get current raft nodes: failed to fetch raft server address: failed to begin transaction: database is locked" t=2018-09-12T16:28:44+0200

Extra information. This afternoon I have upgraded one of the "old" servers
to LXD 3.0 (from xenial-backports). This was triggered by the problems we
have with a container in ERROR state and a kworker at 100% cpu load.
--
Kees