[lxc-users] Migration from LXD 2.x packages to LXD 3.0 snap

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri May 4 21:55:32 UTC 2018

How exactly did you upgrade from 2.x deb to 3.0 snap?

I've made a test "upgrade" on one server, but it didn't really result in
an upgrade:

- the old deb install was left with its containers and settings

- the new snap version was installed in a different place, and was
managing its own containers and own settings

Though I didn't investigate later how to move the containers from the
deb setup to snap setup (I could probably import/export, but it would
take a while on production servers).

Tomasz Chmielewski
https://lxadm.com