[lxc-users] bionic image not getting IPv4 address

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu May 3 12:57:12 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-03 15:28, Kees Bos wrote:

>> I can confirm this. Seeing the same issue.
>
> BTW. It's the /etc/netplan/10-lxc.yaml
>
> Not working (current) version:
> network:
>   ethernets:
>     eth0: {dhcp4: true}
> version: 2
>

> Working version (for me):
> network:
>   version: 2
>   ethernets:
>     eth0:
>       dhcp4: true

Indeed, I can confirm it's some netplan-related issue with
/etc/netplan/10-lxc.yaml.

Working version for bionic containers set up before 2018-May-02:

network:
   ethernets:
     eth0: {dhcp4: true}
   version: 2

Broken version for bionic containers set up after 2018-May-02:

network:
   ethernets:
     eth0: {dhcp4: true}
version: 2

Please note that the broken one has no indentation (two spaces) before
"version: 2", this is the only thing that differs and which breaks
DHCPv4.

What's responsible for this?

Tomasz Chmielewski
https://lxadm.com