[lxc-users] bionic image not getting IPv4 address

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu May 3 06:17:44 UTC 2018

On 5/3/18 4:09 PM, Kees Bos wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 12:58 +0900, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Reproducing is easy:
>>
>> # lxc launch images:ubuntu/bionic/amd64 bionic-broken-dhcp
>>
>> Then wait a few secs until it starts - "lxc list" will show it has
>> IPv6 address (if your bridge was configured to provide IPv6), but
>> not IPv4 (and you can confirm by doing "lxc shell", too):
>
> I can confirm this. Seeing the same issue.

Works as I would expect for me because I am using a profile that has a
network attached... ie; it's not a problem with the bionic image.

mbox ~ lxc launch images:ubuntu/bionic/amd64 bionic-broken-dhcp -p medium
Creating bionic-broken-dhcp
Starting bionic-broken-dhcp
mbox ~ lx
+--------------------+---------+----------------------+
|        NAME        |  STATE  |         IPV4         |
+--------------------+---------+----------------------+
| bionic-broken-dhcp | RUNNING | 192.168.0.129 (eth0) |
+--------------------+---------+----------------------+

mbox ~ lxc profile show medium
config:
  limits.cpu: "2"