[lxc-users] bionic image not getting IPv4 address

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu May 3 02:58:32 UTC 2018

On 5/3/18 12:42 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> > Today or yesterday, bionic image launched in LXD is not getting an IPv4
> > address. It is getting an IPv6 address.

If you do a "lxc profile show default" you will probably find it doesn't
have an IPv4 network attached by default. I haven't yet found a simple
step by step howto example of how to setup a network for v3.0 but in my
case I use a bridge on my host and create a new profile that includes...

lxc network attach-profile lxdbr0 [profile name] eth0

then when I manually launch a container I use something like...

lxc launch images:ubuntu-core/16 uc1 -p [profile name]