[lxc-users] LXD project status

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 31 22:10:25 UTC 2018

Greetings, Saint Michael!

> I am using LCX, plain vanilla. Is there a reading the can help me move to
> LXD 3.0?

Do you NEED to move to LXD, to begin with?

> I am afraid I cannot see why would anybody use LXD vs regular LXC.

Mass deployment of similar containers.

> I can do anything I need, so far, with LXC. To copy a container to another
> server I use rsync with some special parameters.
> In general what is the great advantage of using LXD?

See above. LXD is more suitable for automated (re)deployment of likewise
containers.

If all you need is an occasional isolation of an experimental/production
environment, LXC is more than enough.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin