[lxc-users] LXD project status

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 27 17:44:20 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 12:19:55PM -0500, Steven Spencer wrote:
> This is probably a message that Stephane Graber can answer most
> effectively, but I just want to know that the LXD project is continuing to
> move forward. Our organization did extensive testing of LXD in 2016 and
> some follow-up research in 2017 and plan to utilize this as our
> virtualization solution starting in April of this year. In 2017, there were
> updates to LXD at least once a month, but the news has been very quiet
> since December.
>
> To properly test LXD as it would work in our environment, we did extensive
> lab work with it back in 2016 and some follow-up testing in 2017. While we
> realize that there are no guarantees in our industry, I'd just like to know
> that, at least for now, LXD is still a viable project and that development
> hasn't suddenly come to a screeching halt.
>
> Thanks for your consideration.
>
> Steve Spencer

We normally release a new feature release every month and have been
doing so until the end of December where we've then turned our focus on
our next Long Term Support release, LXD 3.0 which is due out later this
week.

So It's actually been much more busy since December than it was before,
as we included a number of major features such as LXD clustering.

To track project activity, you may be interested in reading our weekly
status updates:

 https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/tags/weekly

--
Stéphane Graber