[lxc-users] LXD project status

Steven Spencer sspencerwire at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 17:19:55 UTC 2018

This is probably a message that Stephane Graber can answer most
effectively, but I just want to know that the LXD project is continuing to
move forward. Our organization did extensive testing of LXD in 2016 and
some follow-up research in 2017 and plan to utilize this as our
virtualization solution starting in April of this year. In 2017, there were
updates to LXD at least once a month, but the news has been very quiet
since December.

To properly test LXD as it would work in our environment, we did extensive
lab work with it back in 2016 and some follow-up testing in 2017. While we
realize that there are no guarantees in our industry, I'd just like to know
that, at least for now, LXD is still a viable project and that development
hasn't suddenly come to a screeching halt.

Thanks for your consideration.

Steve Spencer