[lxc-users] On The Way To LXC 3.0: Splitting Out Templates And Language Bindings

Geaaru geaaru at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:54:01 UTC 2018

Ok. Thank you for summary.

I will investigate on distrobuilder tool.

G.

On Mar 1, 2018 7:17 AM, "Stéphane Graber" <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:

Hi,

Current plan is to have beta1 versions of the 3.0 version of all
projects at some point tomorrow.

Right now, we already have those tags in python3-lxc and lxc-templates.

Moving forward, we'd certainly like for most distributions currently
supported through the template shell scripts to be integrated into
distrobuilder, offering a much nicer way for users to roll their own
images. We expect this to take some time though which is why the
lxc-templates repository exists for LXC 3.0 so that we don't regress in
features.

As for contributing to distrobuilder, it may be slightly early for that,
though you can certainly look at it already and play with it. It's still
evolving pretty quicky and we have a plan to move our top most used
images (on https://images.linuxcontainers.org) to being built by it over
the next month or so.

Stéphane

christian.brauner at mailbox.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > This is another update about the LXC 3.0 development. Instead of copying
> > and pasting what I wrote on my blog here I'm going to be lazy and please
> > ask you to read:
> >
> > https://brauner.github.io/2018/02/27/lxc-removes-legacy-
> > template-build-system.html
> >
> > This should give you an idea what we are planning to do with the
> > language bindings and the template build system. And if that makes you
> > more likely to read it: there are asciicasts. :)
> >
> > Thanks everyone!
> > Christian

Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer