[lxc-users] openvpn in container starts manually, but not via init script?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:11:19 UTC 2018

Most likely it is the limitNPROC issue.

Specifically, there is a configuration option for limitNPROC to 10 in
the configuration of OpenVPN.
Normally, that should be fine because OpenVPN does not appear to
launch more than 10 processes.
However, the mere existence of the limit might be causing the issue.

See workaround on how to do that at
https://discuss.linuxcontainers.org/t/systemd-permission-problems-in-lxd-container/934

It is an issue that has been discussed at length in various bug
reports. The source of the problem
appears to be related to the code in OpenVPN that does the initialization.

Simos