[lxc-users] library start() API from process name having spaces

Chaetoo3 Chaetoo3 at protonmail.com
Thu Jul 5 17:06:29 UTC 2018

> You mean it wouldn't change from "my binary --with --args" to "[lxc monitor]?

Yes, exactly like that.

It seems to me that proc stat file is for machine parsing, but is not so convenient for machine parsing.  I do not know if there is an official technique. There are some ways, but they all seem kludgy.  Maybe it would be "good enough" to look for a pattern like:

"[)] [RSDZTtWXxKWP] [0-9]"

Kludge too, but the chance of process name false matching is remote, and anyway it isn't fatal when it happens, it just names the process wrongly.