[lxc-users] lxcfs removed by accident, how to recover?

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 30 16:17:38 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 09:34:59PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:34 PM, Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel at aixigo.de> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have removed the lxcfs package by accident, while the containers
> > are still running.
>
> > Is there some way to recover without restaring the containers?
>
> I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". Even lxcfs package no longer
> automatically restart itself during upgrade.
>
> --
> Fajar

Yeah, there's effectively no way to re-inject those mounts inside a
running container.

So you're going to need to restart those containers.
Until then, you can "umount" the various lxcfs files from within the
container so that rather than a complete failure to access those files,
you just get the non-namespaced version of the file.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer