[lxc-users] lxcfs removed by accident, how to recover?

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Jan 30 12:34:35 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I have removed the lxcfs package by accident, while the containers
are still running. Now ps in the containers gives me

# ps -ef
Error: /proc must be mounted
   To mount /proc at boot you need an /etc/fstab line like:
       proc   /proc   proc    defaults
   In the meantime, run "mount proc /proc -t proc"

ls -l /proc gives me a some lines with ???????.

Is there some way to recover without restaring the containers?
I tried to mount and remount /proc on a test system, with
and without lxcfs reinstalled.

This is lxc 2.0.9 and lxcfs 2.0.7 on Stretch.

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated
Harri