[lxc-users] Systemd Cannot Start Services within containers

lxc at brak.space lxc at brak.space
Wed Jan 3 01:47:27 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Using plain lxc, not lxd, I got my Buster/Sid machine to start a Buster
container. However, it seems that systemd cannot start any services.
journalctl -xe reveals "failed to change ownership of session keyring".
If it matters I tried redis-server and boinc-client systemd services and
both produced this result, but work fine on a physical install.

Limited research shows solutions involving seccomp to blacklist syscall
keyctl, which I tried, and produced the same result.

I did create a thread yesterday, which I resolved today simply by
installing the newest version of lxc available to me 2.0.9-5. I think
the problems I was seeing were related to apparmor, which I am afraid is
causing these issues too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul