[lxc-users] Can't setgid in container

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Feb 28 07:03:50 UTC 2018

LXD 2.21 with *buntu a 1 month old bionic host and new containers. When
installing something like postfix I am getting this error, which obviously
cripples postfix...

postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postqueue
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not set-gid or not owner+group+world executable: /usr/sbin/postdrop

I have not touched these on the host but googling seems to indicate something
with mismatched sub?ids might be a cause. chmod 02555 does nothing.

~  cat /etc/subuid
sysadm:100000:65536
markc:165536:65536
lxd:231072:65536
root:231072:65536

~ cat /etc/subgid
sysadm:100000:65536
markc:165536:65536
lxd:231072:65536
root:231072:65536

I've tried some strace'ing but my lxd-foo is not up to scratch. Any ideas?