[lxc-users] LXD with openstack issue

Akki yadav yadav.akshay58 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:28:34 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have a running OpenStack setup on which I was able to launch VMs. But I
want to move to use LXC instantiation. So, for that, I have installed
nova-compute-lxd on my current setup of OpenStack with basic services
installed in it. I have installed nova-compute-lxd on my compute node
(Ubuntu 16.04), changed the virt-type to 'lxc' in my nova.conf and then
restarted the nova-compute service. After this, I launched an instance and
it failed after some time and gives the following error:
[Error: No valid host was found. There are not enough hosts available.].

    Could you please guide what else is required to launch container on
OpenStack setup? What configurations will I need to configure LXD and my
nova user to see the LXD daemon. I am new to this, every help appreciated.

Best Regards,
Akshay

1. nova-compute.log