[lxc-users] LXC 3.0: Removal of cgmanager And cgfs cgroup Drivers

Dirk Geschke dirk at lug-erding.de
Tue Feb 20 18:17:42 UTC 2018

Hi Christian,

> > Does this mean that lxc 3.0 is systemd-only?
>
> No!
>
> This has no effect whatsoever on what init system you are running. This
> is completely orthogonal and to some extent always has been. In fact,
> we've become even more agnostic wrt to what init binary (be it a full
> init system or a simple application) can be run. Additionally, the
> current cgroup driver contains logic:
> - to mount cgroups for an init system that doesn't mount cgroups by
>   itself (e.g.  OpenRC) even when cgroup namespaces are supported.
>   Something which wasn't possible before without specifying
>   lxc.mount.entry entries or running hooks.
> - to mount cgroups for container that drop CAP_SYS_ADMIN (privilged and
>   unprivileged) in their user namespace

that sounds great: Well done!

BTW: Do you know the kernel parameter for cgroup namespaces? The
     kernel config knows only about CONFIG_NAMESPACES, UTS_NS, IPC_NS,
     USER_NS, PID_NS and NET_NS. I know, there are cgroup namespaces,
     but what is the configuration parameter? I'm just wondering...

Best regards

Dirk