[lxc-users] LXD connectors for any web VM management platforms?

Michel Jansens michel.jansens at ulb.ac.be
Fri Feb 2 20:00:35 UTC 2018

HI Kees,

Thanks for the info. I’ve already tried SaltStack but had the problem that the official LXC module was only lxc and not LXD. It worked, but the containers didn’t appear in ' lxc list’ . I’ll try the GitHub LXD formula.

I’ve also seen that there is a module in Ansible that I will try soon.

But I’ve also seen there are  systems with web graphical interfaces that offer an abstraction layer above clouds that can offer a merged view on private cloud/virtualization/containers servers and public clouds:
 CloudForms ( ManageIQ) and Foreman are 2 of them.

From what I understand they offer a sort of customer portal, and integrate orchestration for provisioning automatisation. I was wondering if there is something like that compatible with lxd. I didn’t find any myself.

Thanks,

Michel